DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compiling DQMH(s) into and exe

Learning to use DQMH. I have created 3 modules. One module was created using the create module method. Other two modules state machines, using libraries created from the new user events library method.

I can run the the 3 modules separately within the LV environment, talking to each other. 

So now need to to create an exe file with all 3 modules are running simultaneously.

Since the module main.vi is private.

How do you create an Exe file. Where modules are private?

regards

Douglas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,050 Views)

Hi Douglas,

Could you share your code with us?

Alternatively, if you create a new project using the DQMH project template, the project includes a build specification to build an exe. In that case, the application Main VI is not a DQMH.

Regards,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,022 Views)

Hi Fab

I've attached the windows side of the project.

The modules are RT-CCC-main.vi. RT side. ( which brings data across the divide)

Which talks to CCC-Tag-windows.vi.

Connect-rt-Module.vi uses variant streams to communicate between RT & windows. Sending instructions for the 2 drives.

Main.vi is the interface. Which was made using the DQMH Module.

Trying to compile the windows side into a exe file.

Now got issues with the RT side!!!

regards

Douglas

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,015 Views)

Hi Douglas,

If your top level VI is the Interface Module.lvlib:Main.vi and that is what you intended it to be, then all you have to do is right click on the Main.vi and change its scope to Public.

The intention of having the Main.vi private is to encourage developers to use the Start Module.vi to launch a DQMH module and not accidentally put the Main.vi as a subVI in another VI.

If you want to keep the Main.vi private, then you can create headless caller that can be used as a splash screen when the program starts, something like this:

Top Level VI.jpg

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,964 Views)