DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clouse TDMS File in Logger

Hello experts,

I am now getting to know the CML Delacor project and have the following questions:

Command start creates a TDMS file in Logger.vi in the "Initialize File" case. Stop logging function stops the measurement and logging. If I do not close this CML UI module but start logging again, this creates a new TDMS file and the first TDMS file stays open until I close the CML UI module. After that, both files are properly closed and no data is lost.

My questions are where is the data from the first start saved? Do I have to close the CML UI file after each measurement in order to close the TDMS file?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,062 Views)

Hello experts,
Does anyone use the project CML Delacor? There is a solution to my question yesterday: another Close file.vi comes in the Logging module in the case "Stop Logging". Now the command "Stop Logging" also closes the TDMS file and the module CML UI continues to run on repeated measurement. At each new measurement the measurement data come into individual TDMS files without closing the module CML UI. See the picture below.

alexsigalovgmailcom_0-1626775856373.png

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,022 Views)
Does anyone use the project CML Delacor?

Hello Alex, I used the CML project back in time when I was learning DQMH. It demonstrates many good practices.

That being said, I'm not using it as a starting point for my applications.

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,860 Views)

Hello Olivier,

thanks for the answer. I'm just learning DQMH and that's why I use CML project. What can I use for Start Point with DQMH for a project?

Alex Sigalov

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,732 Views)

Once you are comfortable with DQMH, I can see different options to have a starting point project:

- Create your own template project based on the CML project (you can also glance at the other project provided with DQMH named Delacor QMH).

- you can also give a try to the layout manager provided by Hampel Software Engineering and also the MGI Panel Manager from MGI.

From my own experience, the best thing to have is a project you can start from without removing anything. It needs to contain what you need for all your apps.

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,725 Views)

@AlexSigalov wrote:

What can I use for Start Point with DQMH for a project?

Alex, take a look at our Windows Application Template:

https://dokuwiki.hampel-soft.com/code/dqmh/hse-application-template 

To us (and a few more people), it's exactly that: A starting point for new projects, a generic shell that is then filled with project-specific contents.

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

Message 6 of 7
(1,721 Views)

Hello Olivier, hello Joerg,
thank you very much for your feedback.

Alex Sigalov

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,683 Views)