From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone using DQMH on Linux desktop?

I'm using DQMH a lot on Windows and on NI Linux RT, I just wanted to know if anyone has been using it on Linux Desktop (ubuntu or other)?

Cheers

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,446 Views)

No,  I never did that.

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,431 Views)

I tryed, but i'm facing an issue. I can not launch the VIPM. It send me this code error "100, no such file or directory". I'm on opensuse trumbleweed as you need the last version of rpm to install labview.

It may be due to the fact that i'm on 64bit OS.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,243 Views)

Indeed getting VIPM 2017 to work on Linux (Ubuntu 20 for us) was a real battle!

At first we used WinSCP to just transfer from Windows host to Linux VM the content of user.lib and vi.lib, doing it this way makes it easy to set access rights to "user".

Event if you succeed in installing VIPM, you still have the major pain point of having to run it with sudo, and therefore then have to change the access rights for everything that you install.

You'll find here a detailed way that worked for us to install VIPM.

As for running our DQMH based project on Linux Ubuntu 20 and OpenSuse it works just fine. No nonsense!

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 4 of 5
(1,230 Views)

Thank for your help !!!

I've finaly followed several forum topics that lead me to this page (here), where you can find dependecies to install. After installation, i openned a root terminal et it finally launch VIPM. It worked.

The problem now is when VIPM try to install DQMH. VIPM launch labview, but labview lead me to a window that ask me to register my version (whereas i already did it). At last i click on activated my product... and nothing happend. It look like it try to open a URL, so VIPM try to launch firefox but it does not apparear.

to be continued...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,207 Views)