From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DQMH Consortium Toolkits Feature Requests

Labels
Top Authors
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darren

Include a 'Start and Sync Module' VI

Lately I've been running into lots of code that looks like this:

combined.png

I just need to start a module, call a request (and wait for reply, usually), then stop the module. I think it would be convenient if the module templates included a 'Start and Sync Module' VI that wrapped the Start Module.vi and Synchronize Module Events.vi. This is for the use case where you won't be needing to register for any of the module's broadcasts.

3 Comments
joerg.hampel
Active Participant
Status changed to: New

I agree. We have the same thing - Load Module.vi - as part of our HSE DQMH Flavour

Edit: As soon as you start adding broadcasts to a DQMH module, these new broadcasts will be added to the cluster of broadcast events. Seeing as this cluster sits on the connector pane of the "Start Module.vi", adding broadcasts changes the Start Module.vi's type specification.

Our "Load Module.vi" encapsulates the Start Module.vi and hides away the potential modifications. This allows us to load any HSE-ified DQMH module dynamically from our application template.

Seeing as we use our own HSE Logger for debugging, we do not have to rely so heavily on the default broadcasts of our modules, especially during the startup phase. We can always go and register for specific broadcasts later.

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: New

mbaudot
Active Participant
Status changed to: Development Started

Matthias Baudot | Software Architect | Founder at STUDIO BODs

STUDIO BODs     BLT for LabVIEW     LabVIEW Champion     Certified Professional Instructor     DQMH Trusted Advisor     GCentral Sponsor

Check out my LabVIEW presentations and videos!