DQMH Consortium Toolkits Feature Requests

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FireFist-Redhawk

Enforce Consistency on Error Terminal Names

This is bordering on "outrageously nitpicky", kind of like wanting all the error wires moved behind every other kind of wire (which I also consistently do, thanks Fab lol). But I'm just gonna say it and see how much traction it gets.

The default requests Show/Stop/Hide Module.vi etc., and all other default created VIs it seems, have "error in (no error)" as their error terminal name. For the VIs created by adding new events, the terminal name is "error in". My feature request is that these be changed to "error in (no error)" as well, to be consistent not only with the other VIs in the library but with most other VIs in vi.lib in general.

Redhawk
Test Engineer at Moog Inc.

Saying "Thanks that fixed it" or "Thanks that answers my question" and not giving a Kudo or Marked Solution, is like telling your waiter they did a great job and not leaving a tip. Please, tip your waiters.

3 Comments
Darren
Proven Zealot

I'd rather remove the "(no error)" from all the VIs in the module templates than re-add it to newly scripted code.

FireFist-Redhawk
Active Participant

I'd be happy with either or I suppose, consistency is always nice to see 😁

Redhawk
Test Engineer at Moog Inc.

Saying "Thanks that fixed it" or "Thanks that answers my question" and not giving a Kudo or Marked Solution, is like telling your waiter they did a great job and not leaving a tip. Please, tip your waiters.

Olivier-JOURDAN
Active Participant
Status changed to: Released

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!