From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DQMH Consortium Toolkits Feature Requests

Labels
Top Authors
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
benjamin-hinrichs

Clonable Template: Adressing non-existing Module ID should raise error

When working with clonable modules it is possible (although not desired) to address a Module ID instance that doesn't exist (e.g. has already been closed, never existed in the first place). All clones would ignore said request and in the best case you'd see a timeout error. This may bring about unexpected bugs, especially when working with Requests (without reply).

I think the request should check if Module ID exists and throw an error if it doesn't. This could work by modifying the Request and Request with Reply template to the following:

benjamin-hinrichs_1-1611666541492.png

I propose to add such functionality to the DQMH Clonable Template and check for this in module validation.

----------
Although I've been 10+ years long fan of LabVIEW, I started to discourage engineers to start new projects in a SaaS language. NI must first regain trust within its community.
2 Comments
Olivier-JOURDAN
Active Participant

I was about to Kudo, but I'm worried about the overhead that could occur. I don't think this deserves it.

I get your use case, but I think it should be handle locally.

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!
Olivier-JOURDAN
Active Participant
Status changed to: Declined

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!