From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DQMH Consortium Toolkits Feature Requests

Labels
Top Authors
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Eric_BOB

Added a watchdog mechanism (optional) to automatically kill a lonely clones when the launcher is dead

We think that this kind of feature would hide issues from the developers.

Sometimes you can lose communication with clones and can't send any "Stop" request.

In this case, those clones stay in memory in a running state, and it is very hard to kill them. Stop or Kill launcher have no effect. The only way I have found is to close the project but it's not very usefull.

It will be good to have a watchdog mechanism to kill lonely clones

As discussed here  JKI SMO and drjdpowell messenger library, have this kind of mechanism.

12 Comments
drjdpowell
Trusted Enthusiast

Hi Joerg, yes, I'm unsure such a feature really fits DQMH's "group of peers" model.  I would strongly argue a hierarchical structure is better than group-of-peers, but DQMH isn't designed for that.  "Autoshutdown" works very well in a system where a Module effectively contains other Modules as private parts of itself.  Shutting down the Module always implies shutting down it's internal subcomponents.

Olivier-JOURDAN
Active Participant
Status changed to: Declined

We think that this kind of feature would hide issues from the developers.

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!