DQMH Consortium Toolkits Feature Requests

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joerg.hampel

Add "local" events for helper loops (esp. in cloneable modules)

This feature request is adding to the already existing "Private Request" and "Helper Loop Creation" requests (or not?):

When working with helper loops in cloneable modules, it would be nice to have a way for sending messages from the MHL to the helper loop which doesn't need the module ID, and which doesn't interfere with other clones' helper loop timings. I'd still like this new mechanism to look and feel like the regular events, with all the scripting and other goodness.

Maybe instead of calling them private events, a better name would be "local" events (which would, of course, be set to private scope).

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

3 Comments
Ozfarmboy
Active Participant

Interesting suggestion.  Just yesterday, I experimented with using channel wires to pass an event from the MHL to the HeL (Helper Loop).  I didn't spend long on it yet - trying to work out if I can blend the events generated by the channel wire with the Stop Module event - no luck yet - not sure if this is even possible.

Christopher Farmer

Certified LabVIEW Architect and LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
https://wiredinsoftware.com.au

Olivier-JOURDAN
Active Participant
Status changed to: Released

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!
doyles

I would second calling them Local events as that is a good distinction from a standard DQMH event that has been changed from Public to Private and is expected to be handled through the EHL of the module versus being created explicitly for a helper loop.