From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DQMH Consortium Toolkits Feature Requests

Labels
Top Authors
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Olivier-JOURDAN

Add Obtain Null Broadcast Events function to DQMH module

Issue #749 created

Original idea from @FabiolaDelaCueva 

Sometimes you could need to unregister broadcast events. To do this you want to use the Broadcast Events--cluster.ctl, but it's set to private scope (it's totally fine).

Having a public wrapper to this control just giving access to the type and not the current event like you can get with Obtain Broadcast Events For Registration function would be great.

Considering providing a fixer to add this wrapper to all other existing modules.

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!
2 Comments
joerg.hampel
Active Participant
Status changed to: New

When talking/teaching to new LV/DQMH users and showing how to prepare the broadcast registration by using the "Obtain Broadcast References for Registration" to define the event types before the corresponding module has even been started, it always is confusing to them that we still have to register (i.e. wire the actual live broadcast references) after the module has actually been started. 

Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-29 um 13.42.01.png

While I would prefer to make the typedef public so I can just wire a constant to the event registration node, a wrapper VI that clearly documents that an empty constant is being returned would already go a long way.

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

Olivier-JOURDAN
Active Participant
Status changed to: Released

Issue #749 created

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!