DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time channel

I have asked this question earlier. The response i got was "email me the data" but when i tried to email it was sent back to me saying that the email address did not exist (walter.nick@ni.com or something like it). In any case, my problem is:
after processing a data set a couple times, while doing HIC calculations i get the error "the x channel needs to be equidistant". The only way around it is to reload the time channel (from the original data set). Is there something i am doing wrong? What is going on with the time channel? Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,104 Views)
never mind! I found the answer. Someone answered it earlier. Thanks Mr. Sarm! The answer is:

Sarm on 4/5/2004 commented:
"What is happening here is that DIAdem is using all of the data in the time channel to judge if the data points are equidistant. That includes all of the decimal places. If you have an explicit time channel being created by your data acquisition system and then being read by DIAdem it is probably 10 or so decimal places. Since your sample rate is probably from 10 to 20 kHz so you only are interested in 5 decimal places. But DIAdem is using all the info it has available and it is out in the decimal places 9 and 10 that your time channel is not equidistant. You are probably not seeing all of the decimal places on your screen depending on your DATA
table attributes.

You might try something like this to work around the problem; depending on what units your time channel is in (sec, msec, etc.).

Call FormulaCalc("Ch(1):=(Round(Ch(1)*100000))/100000")

This would eliminate the extra decimal places from causing the equidistant error."
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,104 Views)