cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Could not create Script Engine"

Solved!
Go to solution

Good morning,

I'm having trouble loading any .ASC datafiles, this has previously been absolutely fine so not sure what has changed. I'm using the DASYlab.asc dataplugin which is where the files have originated from. A colleague is loading them fine on his configuration so it appears to be an issue with my setup.

Attached is the error message I get bus essentially it says "could not create script engine, please install VBS or Diadem. 

Thanks in advance. Error Message.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,740 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DTS_PBO

Which version of Diadem do you use? I hope reinstalling diadem, VBS might help there. Also, have you reviewed this link if you are on older versions of Diadem?

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8gpSAC&l=en-US

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,645 Views)

Hi DTS_PBO,

How are you trying to load these data files?  Are you using LabVIEW or DIAdem or SystemLink, or are you using some other tool/program?

What versions of LabVIEW / DIAdem / SystemLink are installed on that computer?

Theoretically, any of the above software would automatically install either USI (older) or UsiCore (newer), either of which would bring with it a VBScript execution engine.  The VBScript execution engine has not changed in 20 years, so this should not be a versioning issue.  I'm really surprised you got this error message and am curious about your setup and actions prior to the error pop up.

Brad Turpin

Principal Technical Support Engineer

NI

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,610 Views)

Hi Brad, it was a very curious problem. I'm running Diadem 2020 SP1, I have been transitioning from the VBS engine to the Python engine so I can only guess I accidentally changed some settings or deleted a file...?

I have since reinstalled Diadem though and that has solved the issue fortunately. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,596 Views)