From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

noise signal detrending through a mathematical method

I'm new here. I have measurement data (deformation of a building) that contains a noise signal that results from the temperature. The temperature is also available. My task is to use a mathematical method to eliminate the interfering signal How could I best eliminate them?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,608 Views)

Find the frequency of the noise and eliminate it using a filter.  Need a lot more info and example signals to tackle your problem

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,548 Views)

Thank you for your Answer

Sensors were placed on a bridge to measure the deformation. These sensors provide the deformation over a certain time. The problem is that in the measured deformation part from the temperature is located, which is subordinate and must be filtered out. The temperature was also measured and exist.

I have two Photos attached

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,522 Views)

This is just images without data... Could you run FFT on both channels to see which frequency needs to be filtered out?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,501 Views)

Hello,

I wanted to upload the Diadem file but I could not

Do you know why?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,488 Views)

Hello

i have attached the file belw

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,472 Views)

Capture.JPG

Is that expected to look something like this?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,454 Views)

I don't think so.

My task is to find a mathematical method to eliminate the Influence of temperature on deformation. The Compensated signal would have to be like the Original one but with low fluctuation.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,440 Views)

Hi Mah,

Wouldn't a low-pass digital filter catch the slow deformation induced by temperature changes?  Say anything less than 5 Hz?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,368 Views)