DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mf4 size increase by saving in different format (dat, tdm or even as mf4)

If i save the files from measurement system in as a different format (dat, tdm and even as mf4), the size of files become nearly 30 times more.

Can someone explain the reason?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,635 Views)

Hi Kara,

Unfortunately, due to all of the factors that go into file types and compression, that question is going to be quite difficult to answer. It could be possible that your data is being saved in a compressed format by your other program which is not replicated by Diadem. Have you tried opening this file with other programs(besides the original source) to find if this is a universal issue or a Diadem specific issue?

Casey G.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,608 Views)

Hi Kara,

please try using ChnOptimizeDataType before saving the data back to disk or turn on "Optimize data type" in the DIAdem settings for NAVIGATOR.

Any of the two will look at the actual channel values and find the best suited data type.

The reason is the current version of the MDF4 DataPlugin always returns a "double"(R64) data type which causes the effect you are describing.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,602 Views)

Hello,

I have the same issue. For example; when I upload a 2MB .mf4 file and save it directly without any changes, the file size always increases to 11MB.

I've also tried to save it with making some change regarding  "Optimize data type settings", but nothing changed.

Are there any new settings or solutions to avoid this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,259 Views)