From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

joint time-frequency analysis tool help

Hi 

I am trying to use Joint Time Frequency Spectrum.VBS from version 11.1 and later with DIAdem 2015 64-bit. But keep getting errors stating variables are undefined. Can you advice on how best to proceed with this DIAdem version to plot time, frequency and amplitude for waveforms?

Thanks

Alister

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 31
(1,601 Views)

Hello,

Can you post details about the errors you are getting?

Screenshots or even the code would be helpful to try to identify the error.

Regards,

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 31
(1,577 Views)

Dear Camilo

Thank you for your response. Please find attached a screen shot of the error message.

Regards

Alister 

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 31
(1,567 Views)

Hello,

I believe you are trying to execute the Calculate Joint Time Frequency Spectrum.VBS script directly, but that is not the way the example works. Please refer to these:

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/3549/en/

http://www.ni.com/example/28940/en/

Notice you need to execute the Time Frequency Order Analysis.VBS script, and that one will call the others depending on what you do. You should not receive the error if you call that one. Can you check and let us know?

Regards,

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 31
(1,557 Views)

Dear Camilo

Thank you for your response. I have attempted to execute the Time Frequency Order Analysis.VBS script, but get the error in the attached screenshot (variable is undefined). This same error was noted by someone leaving a review on http://www.ni.com/example/28940/en/ as shown in the second attached image.

Can you think of what could be causing this and what I should try next?

Many thanks

Alister 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 31
(1,548 Views)

Hello,

Now I was able to reproduce. Just to make sure I have the right information... are you using DIAdem 64-bit?

I was able to reproduce with that one but the tool seems to be fully compatible with the 32-bit version. Have you tried the 32-bit DIAdem yourself?

If you are not using the 64-bit, this error should not occur. In any case, let me know.

Right now I believe the tool may just be incompatible with the 64-bit software, but I have no means to assure that yet. I am doing some research about it and I will let you know anything I can find.

Regards,

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 31
(1,534 Views)

Hi Camilo

I have installed DIAdem 32-bit and the script is now working. It seems that the script is not compatable with the 64-bit software.

I have run into another problem. My .tdms files are of waveforms, and they include the amplitude and time step information in each individual file. This means that I cannot select separate 'time' and 'signal' files for use in the Joint Time Frequency and Order Analysis script. Surely there is a way to perform the JTFA when all the information is contained in a single file?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards

Alister 

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 31
(1,522 Views)

Hello Alister,

The tool seems to require separate time and data channels. You can use the Numeric Channels <-> Waveform Channels function to convert a waveform data channel into two separate ones.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370858M-01/dlgmaths/calc_basis_dlg/dlgchntowfchn_dialog/

You will lose the original channel, so if that is not desirable, you can duplicate it before converting it by entering something like Ch("[<group number>]/<Name of duplicate channel>")=Ch("[<group number>]/<Name of channel to duplicate>") in the calculator.

Regards,

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 31
(1,517 Views)

Hi Alister,

I am in the process of improving this example in several ways, but I have not had much time to dedicate to it, and it has dragged on.  Here are the planned improvements:

1) Runs in DIAdem 2015 64bit and later

2) Works with waveform channels without the need to create X channel for each

3) Supports drag&drop of Data Portal channels onto channel selection controls

4) Works without channel numbers, which will disappear from DIAdem soon

So far I have a beta version that has 1) working, but I'm working on the others all concurrently.  If anyone needs a beta version that will work with DIAdem 2015 64bit, give me an email at brad.turpin@ni.com and I'll post it to the ftp.ni.com/outgoing site for you.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 31
(1,500 Views)

Hello dralistersmith,

I just added

Dim NaviWFImport

on the top of the script and now it´s working fine with DIAdem 2015 (64 Bit).

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 31
(1,375 Views)