DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interrupt overflow

Hi all,

I've got an autosequence initializing a DAC measurement, with F1 starting a "save" command and F2 stopping it to give "File Save" dialog box.

Now, when out testing, sometimes when finishing the measurement with F2 I get the following error message:
"Error in Autosequence - processing in line 34 (AUTOSEQUENCENAME)
- WARNING -
An "interrupt overflow" of the type "3" has been detected during the measurement."

After that, the autosequence aborts and the data is lost.

Line 34 of my autosequence just reads:
"SCHEMEMEASSTART;"

Now, of course (according to Murphy) I have not been able to reproduce this error in the office, using a generated noise or random signal...! Here, after pressing F1 the measurement just keeps going and eventuall
y pops up the "File Save" dialog itself when the maximum number of values is reached.

Can somebody point me in the right direction of what I need to look at? For starters, what's "type 3"?

Oh, and it's DIAdem version 8.0.981 running on Win2000.

Thanks
Tobias
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,975 Views)
Hello Tobias,

Some general hints that I can give you regarding "Interrupt overflow" is:

Exit all other programs such as AntiVirus.

If you need power management use ACPI and not APM otherwise disable it.(APM is the old power management interface which gives me "IO"'s all the time).

Use the registry keys CPUTraffic=1 OR TCSIgnore=1.

Run the computer on power (not battery).

There is also a knowledgebase entry in the German KB:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/3efedde4322fef19862567740067f3cc/9179777120ef457d86256b7c005ca32a?OpenDocument
It's unfortunatley in german but there are alot of good translators if you'r not familiar with that language 🙂

By the way it's sounds strange that your data are lost. Are you storing it on a data file or in the data
area?

The reason why you have the error on line 34 is that this is the command to execute the measurement. And it's during the measurement the interrupt overflow occurs.

There are also a setting for the reaction to interrupt overflow's. Check out the menu on DAC device: Settings -> Single point processing -> Measurement parameters...

Regards!
Sven
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,975 Views)