DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to reverse a Y-positive axis in a 2D DIADEM chart?

I would like to reverse the positive-Y axis of my graph to see it downward in place of upward.

I would like also to open several ascii files (same format) in order to compare the results on graphs with DIADEM
Thanks

Nicolas
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,866 Views)
Hello Nicolas,

To "reverse" an axis, you have to change two settings in the "2D scaling" of that particular axis sistem. To access the parameters, double click on the Y-axis you wish to change. You will see the "2D scaling" dialog.
Change the "Axis scales" to "Linear mirrored". The axis will now meet the Y-axis at its highest value.
Now also change the "Scaling Mode" to "Manual" and enter the highest value of the axis in "Begin" and the lowest value in "End". See the attached screen shot for some more details.

With regards to the ASCII files, you simply need to use the "File: Open" menu entry, select "ASCII Import" in the "Files of type:" field and load each individual file. They will automatically be appended to the data matrix when you load them, they
will not overwrite the previous data.
Since all your data files have the same format, you can store the configuration for the ASCII import in a file and reuse it on each identical file.

Let us know if you need any additional informaton or help,

Otmar
Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,866 Views)
Thanks a lot Otmar!!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,866 Views)