From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

filter entries in chnlistbox

Hello,

I'm wondering if it's possible to filter entries in a channel selection list (chnlistbox). For instance I have two groups of data, each with voltage, current, power, etc in them. In one set of chnlistbox's I would like to display the channels from group one and in the other set from group two

The road I was starting to go down was using the ChnListBox1_EventInitialize() routine, but I'm not sure how to delete list items (or to otherwise get them to not display). 

If anyone has advice on this, I would appreciate itThanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,829 Views)

butIdontwantanalias,

I have checked with R&D and it is not currently possible to filter the entires in the chnlistbox.

The current recommended way to do this is to use a regular listbox and populate the items according to your specifications.

Sincerely,
Jason Daming
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,805 Views)

Hello, 

This forum thread is 5 years old. I recommend posting on a new or more recent thread. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,059 Views)

Hi butIdontwantanalias,

I'd suggest that you programmatically use the filter form in the Data Portal to do the filter string matching in a Channel List Box control of your own, like this:

Set PortalDisp = Portal.Structure
PortalDisp.FilterForm.ChannelFilterText = "Gen" ' < your filter string here >
Call PortalDisp.FilterForm.Expand(1)
FOR Each Group In Data.Root.ChannelGroups
  FOR Each Channel In Group.Channels
    IF PortalDisp.IsElementDisplayed(Channel) THEN
      i = i + 1
      ' add to ChnListBox
      ' ChnListBox.Items.Add Channel.Name, i
      Msg = Msg & Channel.Name & vbCRLF
    END IF
  NEXT ' Channel