Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error number -501 when import TDR file

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all,

I am using DIAdem 2019 advanced. 

Recently I have an issue by load .TDR file. when I tried to load it, such error occurs:

An error occurred while the REPORT was being opened "C:\Users\YangJ\Desktop\NWS PIO Investigation.TDR".
File import was aborted with the error number -501.

Could anyone please help me with Thank a lot.

Best reagrds,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(1,504 Views)

Hello Jingru,

error 501 is an "illegal assignment", whatever it could mean 😆

Maybe something in the report requires other data as loaded?..

Unfortunately the Err-object is not detailed enough in Diadem.

You will need to check the content of the report, in best case using also the data file where such failure doesn't occur.

Greetings,

Vassili

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(1,480 Views)

Hello Jingru,

If you can provide the TDR file with the data, we can try to analyze the problem in detail.

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(1,459 Views)

Hello Walter,

Thanks a lot for the reply. The data file is quite large and not very relevant. Even if removing all the channels in the 2DAxis system, it still did not

work(I keep it as sample as possible, 1 y-axis, without legend, automatic scaling mode). When removing the 2DAxi system, the TDR file can be

imported. One thing may be relevant is the windows version, it is windows 10 in my PC but the Diadem which cannot import the file is installed in a PC with windows 8.  

I attached the TDR files with & without 2DAxis, may you have a look?  Many Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Jingru

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(1,448 Views)

Hello Vassili,

Thanks a lot for the reply. Even if removing all the channels in the 2DAxis system, it still did not work(I keep it as sample as possible, 1 y-axis, without legend, automatic scaling mode).  When removing the 2DAxi system, the TDR file can be imported.

One thing may be relevant is the windows version, it is windows 10 in my PC  but the Diadem which cannot import the file is installed in a PC with windows 8.

Kind regards,

Jingru

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(1,447 Views)

Hi Jingru,

with Diadem 2019 both TDRs are loadable, with 2015 only the "empty", without diagram.

Another question: do you load the report via script? Maybe something there ist wrong? Or does the same code work with other TDR?..

We don't have Win-8 any more, so this option I cannot check, sorry.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(1,441 Views)

Hello Jingru,

OK I can load the TDR file in DIAdem 2019 until 2022 Q4 – but not with version before 2019.

Are you using the same DIAdem versions on both of your PCs?

In which version did you create the TDR file?

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(1,438 Views)

Hello Vassili,

No warries. Thanks a lot for your help.

Kind regards,

Jingru

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(1,396 Views)

Hello Walter,

Thanks you very much. I am using DIAdem 2019 on both of my PCs. But I just find a tiny difference. The one on my PC is version 19.0.1f7630. And the one on the Windows 8 is version 19.0.0f7460. It may be the reason. I would try to have same versions for both PCs and then have a try again. I will let you know if it works.

Greetings

Jingru

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(1,392 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Jingru

Hello Jingru,

Yes, I assume that there was a bugfix in 2019 SP1 (19.0.1f7630) which overreads unknown functions of later versions.

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(1,389 Views)