DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 0xc000007b DIAdem cannot open after Window 10 upgrade

Hi, 

I have recently upgraded to Window 10 and have experienced difficulties in opening DIAdem. It started with error in finding msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll which i have resolved by reinstalling them in the system32 and syswow64 folders. However, i receive another error 0xc000007b now. How can I resolve this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,415 Views)

Hello,

You didn't list the version of DIAdem you are currently using, which makes it a little fuzzy to come up with a solid response. The error you are seeing Seems to be a common error that seems to pop up after MS Windows updates (including to Windows 7 and 8.1) have been applied to a computer.

According to several sources I found on the Web, the error is caused by runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries that are missing or errors in the software you are trying to run under Windows 10. An online search for "error 0xc000007b" has lead me to a number of different suggestions for fixes that have proven to solve issues with other applications. One suggestion is to reinstall the software to make sure all files are going to be located in the correct directories after a Windows update.

Please note that no version of DIAdem has officially been deemed Windows 10 compatible by National Instruments at this time (August 10, 2015). The latest release (DIAdem 2015 at the time of my response) has been tested with pre-release versions of Windows 10 (both 32-bit and 64-bit), but I expect DIAdem 2015 Service Pack 1 (when available in late 2015 or early 2016) to be the first version that officially supports Windows 10 - unless we get the current release certified internally in the next few weeks.

My suggestion for now would be to reinstall DIAdem (make sure to back up any important layouts, configurations, scripts, etc. before you reinstall DIAdem) if other suggestions found for fixing error 0xc000007b do not provide a solution for you.

Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,315 Views)

I wanted to add an additional link to this conversation:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/52818/en/

That link discusses NI software and Windows 10 in general ...

Extract:

In general, existing Windows 7 and Windows 8 applications should continue to function in Windows 10, but hardware drivers may need to be updated. NI has worked extensively with preview versions of Windows 10 to resolve any major issues in the NIWeek 2015 product release. After the official release of Windows 10, NI will actively validate NI software and drivers to create a detailed Windows 10 support document. In the meantime, please report any issues found with Windows 10 through ni.com/support.

Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,255 Views)

NI Circuit Design Suite -Student Edition

Serial: [removed by moderator]   |   Part Number: 779897-35

Windows 10 Home

Processor: Intel i7-4510U

RAM 8 GB

System: 64-Bit OS

No Error Code, just error message of:

The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

and

The program can't start because MSVCP100.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Both files are present.

Unable to preform a repair as per: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/AC6ED75D3D93375686256E8E00245F0D?opendocument&Submitted&&...

As web base installation by not have a valid nidist.id or nisuite.XML file

Tried using nisuite.xml from C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\Update Service\Installers\NI_20150819_1307  however this reports that the nisuite.xml file is invalid for the Design Suite 13.0.01 repair.

It was working BEFORE the update of 13th August 2015.

Thank you for your time in this matter

Regards

Elliott

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,137 Views)

Update

Prefromed repair as per previously mention suite

--> Control Panels

--> Programes and features

--> Nation Instruments Software

--> Double Click

--> NI Update Service (From the first lefthand list)

--> Repair

--> location of nidist.id C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\Update Service\Installers\NI_20150819_1307\Updates\NI-DAQmx 15.0.1 15.0.1.33

--> Restart

This has sloved the problem for me.

Should I upgrade to Design Suite 14 ? Will design suite 13 files work with 14 ?

Thank you once again for your time.

Regards

Elliott

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,130 Views)

Hi,

I just had this same issue. I was able to resolve it by running DIAdem as administrator once. After this, it opened fine.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,662 Views)