DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

duplicated measured values

Hi guys, 

hope i could find somebody how can give me a hint. I have approx 10 test machines with a simply force cell on a linear axis controlled by servo. 

All machines have DIAdem 10.2 installed,  DAQmx 9.5.0f2 with Windows XP,7 everythings is working proberly over years.

The force Signal (blue Color in Picture 1) is an Analog Signal (AO0) the distance (red Color in Picture2) is a digital Signal (A,B) calculated by a counter, both Signals go to NI-PCIe-632.

Now i Change one machine to Windows 10 and i get sporadic small "Interrupts" -> 0.5 secounds or lower in the measurment values. The machine drives linear without stopping the process. I use in all machines Software Timing with a sampling rate of 20 Hz. When i use the testpanel of the Driver i see no Interrupts of the program. Any idea ?measurement with interruptsmeasurement with interrupts  

best regards 

Gerd 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,011 Views)

Hi Gerd,

Are you asking how to address the data acquisition problem, or are you requesting help in compensating for this problem by manipulating the acquired data stored to file?  Are you acquiring your data with DIAdem DAC?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instrumetns

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,983 Views)

Hi Brad,

first, thanks for your questions: Yes i am acquiring the data over the DIAdem DAC. I can show  the DAC file - my opinion it is not the Problem because it works over years at 10 machines - without changing the DAC file. I did't want to compensated the acquired data - is this possible? The distance may be, because it is very linear. But the force Signal is a function of the tested product. I am Looking for a hint why this happends at 20 Hz (as you can see there is a 0.5 secounds without new values)  without a error Message and we never see this before. How can i fix it or detect it? By the way i also Change the A/D converter Card. There were a influence: 3 days without this gaps after that it starts again very low - missing just one sampling point and each day missing more.

Yesterday i install DIAdem 10.2 again. Today it works fine. Not repeatable process.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,977 Views)

Hi Gerd,

I'd like to understand the reasons for the "interrupts" you see in your measurements. As far as I have understood, you have upgraded your computer from Windows XP to Windows 10 and you are still using the same version of DIAdem (DIAdem 10.2). To narrow down the issue, can you provide the DAC scheme and a capture taken with the "I/O Trace" utility taken at a time when these interrupts occur?

Thanks

- Rainer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,955 Views)