From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

diadem runs at start-up

My version of DIAdem automatically starts whenever I log into my computer.  I checked, and DIAdem in my startup programs list. Although NI Error reporting is listed.

How do I stop DIAdem from running at start-up?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(7,511 Views)

Hi Jo-Jo,

No NI installer configures DIAdem to run at computer startup.  So some code or some person has done this on your end.  There is no special mechanism in DIAdem to run at boot up, so you can just look in all the usual places to find the start up configuration that someone has created for you.  Do you have any coworkers who play practical jokes?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(7,486 Views)

I am the only one who has access to this computer, and I certainly didn't set it to run at start-up. Unless I did it by accident, but I'm not sure that that is possible.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(7,479 Views)

Hello Jo-Jo,

Are you talking about the actual DIAdem software, or are you referring the the "My DataFinder" that runs in your task bar.

The "My DataFinder" is designed to run whenever your computer is started up, DIAdem itself only starts automatically when the user configures their computer to do so.

You can turn off the automatic start of the "DataFinder" tool in the msconfig tool provided by MicroSoft, under the "Startup" tab.

Otmar

Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(7,476 Views)

I mean DIAdem itself starts up.  I do not have it set to do so.  There must be a registry entry that I am not aware of that is causing this to happen.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(7,453 Views)

Hi,

do you have DIAdem in startup group? (Window key -> All programs -> Startup)

Simyfren

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(7,341 Views)

This issue might have something to do with "DIAdemStart.exe" which is located in the same directory as DIAdem.exe

Which settings are configured if this application is executed instead of DIAdem.exe and how to restore startup settings? 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(7,243 Views)

I'm sure what you mean by what settings are configured if DIAdemstartup.exe is executed.

Can you be more specific?  How do I check?

Also, I made sure Windows was not configured to run DIAdem at startup, so that isn't the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(7,229 Views)

Yes, more specific documentation for this application would be helpful. 

Another thing to check: what if this startup executable is set as default program for some filetype (ie. vbs) which will be automatically run/opended during OS start-up?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(7,207 Views)

Hi mbr,

Based on the dialog I get when I run "DIAdemStart.exe", I'd say that's the method used to register all the DIAdem components with the operating system, which is normally the last thing the installer does.  I do not think this has anything to do with your DIAdem launching unexpectedly.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(7,191 Views)