DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

diadem how to color cells individually

LLX,

Thanks for taking the time to send your code. I did get it working somewhat but it seems like the user command can't consistently read the cell values to determine what color to make the cell. DIAdem 2017 claims most of the functions are obsolete and not even available anymore so possibly this is the problem. Still it is truly odd that such a powerful analysis and reporting tool such as DIAdem lacks the ability to color test results in the way users expect. I'm a big fan of DIAdem but this is a bad one.

To leave on a brighter note, your code is very clever to accommodate a large amount of data and creates as many pages as necessary to display it. Thank you again.

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(781 Views)

Dave, I used Diadem 15 and 2017 before , and now I am using 2014. So far, it is the most stable version. 

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(780 Views)

llx,

Yes I just switched to the 2015 version and I am getting better results. In 2017, the "Graph.." and "Pic.." functions are not highlighted and the help system does not recognize them.

Did you have trouble with version 2017? Looks like they removed a whole category of functions in favor of the object paradigm.

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(777 Views)

Hi Guys,

It is certainly true that conditionally coloring individual table cells is quite difficult, up to and including DIAdem 2017.  Traditionally, you had to declare a UserCommand that knows how to pass the CFV, D2TabRow, D2TabCol, etc. variables in and out, and then you had to invoke that UserCommand with an @@ expression embedded within the table configuration.  Things are a bit easier now with the Report object, though you still have to define the UserCommand you configure to fire during each table redraw:

Report.Events.Drawing.OnTable2DColumn = "MyUserCommandForTableCellColoring"

That said, I would fully expect all your previous GraphObj... and Pic... code to still work in DIAdem 2017, even though they are no longer color highlighted in the SCRIPT editor and no longer appear in the DIAdem Help system.  Now, with DIAdem 2018 I hear these commands will no longer function at all, so it is time to root them out, if you want to keep upgrading your DIAdem.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(749 Views)

Hello Brad,

I´m using DIAdem 2018 and I´m facing the same problem: I want to colorize each cell individually.

So here is my test-script, which creates a table, adds a channel and links the user-Command. The user-command should colorize values < 0.04 green, else red.

'Clear Report
report.ActiveSheet.Objects.RemoveAll

'Variables
dim oTable, oCol

'Objects
Set oTable = report.ActiveSheet.Objects.Add(eReportObject2DTable,"")
Set oCol = oTable.Columns.Add(e2DTableColumnChannel)

'Add Channel in table
oCol.Channel.Reference = Data.Root.ChannelGroups(1).Channels(1).GetReference(eRefTypeIndexIndex)
'Add UserCommand
oTable.Columns(1).Settings.OnDrawingCell = "MyOnDrawingCell"

'Refresh
report.Refresh

MyOnDrawingCell:

Sub MyOnDrawingCell(Context, Cell)

'Criteria: Values below 0.04: green
    if Cell.Value < 0.04 then
        Cell.Font.Color.ColorIndex = eColorIndexGreen
    'red
    else
        Cell.Font.Color.ColorIndex = eColorIndexRed

end if
end sub

However the cells will not be colorized individually, but they get the color of the last Value (in my example the last value is > 0.04 [red] so the whole column is red (s. attachement).

Is there any way to get this done in version 2018?

Thanks in advanced

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(580 Views)