DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating executable or installer of diadem script

Hi,

Is there any way to create executable or installer of script of diadem. Which we can run on different machines without installing diadem. I mean the distribution kit creation for diadem script.

Thnks

HS

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,642 Views)

Hello HS,

DIAdem doesn't have the ability to create executables or installers for custom scripts. DIAdem is required to be installed on the PC where the Script needs to be run. DIAdem is an application, not a programming language (such as Visual Basic, C++ or LabVIEW), and is thus not able to create exexutable code.

There is a way to run DIAdem without installing it on each PC through "terminal service"applications. This is not a feature of DIAdem though, that's a widely available method of distributing applications.

Bets regards,

Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,615 Views)

This is a very nonsense!

So all my customer I sell the executable, they need to buy also a Diadem license only to print pdf documents of reports??!?!?!

I had no idea it was so! bad

There exist another method to create pdf reports with Labview but without Diadem?

Thank you

L.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,858 Views)

Hello Lesterino,

As I wrote in my previous reply, DIAdem is not a programming language and you thus require a license of DIAdem (at least DIAdem Base) to run Scripts, use layouts and create PDF files.

This is no different than - for instance - Microsoft Excel. If you want to create graphs in Excel and export these, you have to own a license of Microsoft Excel as well.

Is there anything in the DIAdem materials (our Website or the DIAdem documentation itself) that made you believe that DIAdem could be distributed for free? If so, I would like to know where that information is located so that I can have that clarified to avoid future confusion.

Let me know if there is anything else we can help you with,

Otmar

Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,852 Views)

Hello Otmar,

As you said there is a way to run DIAdem without installing. You mean DIAdem software/ DIAdem scripts? By the way what is terminal service applications

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,360 Views)

Hello Ashish,

It is possible to install DIAdem on a PC in the network that can be remote accessed through "terminal services" - Microsoft now calls that "Remote desktop".

The remote desktop PC can be accessed by multiple people (one at a time), so this is a work around for using a single copy of DIAdem to run scripts or print PDFs as long as only one person is connected to the remote desktop.

DIAdem still needs to be installed on that remote PC, but not on each client PC.

I no longer work with DIAdem or have any connection to the DIAdem team, so this is about as helpful as I can be at this time.

Otmar

Otmar D. Foehner
Message 6 of 6
(2,348 Views)