DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert to iso file format

Hi,

I have few files in excel, which I want to convert them to individual ISO format file type.

How Can i convert them??

thnx in advance

RSH

Message 1 of 14
(6,753 Views)

Hi Rash,

Load each Excel file into DIAdem and then save them from DIAdem to the desired ISO file format.  I have a batch processing script to do this if you prefer to handle it automatically.  What DIAdem version do you have?  What ISO format do you mean (ISO-MME perhaps)?

Do you already have an Excel DataPlugin to load those data files into DIAdem?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(6,751 Views)

Hi Brad,

When I am trying to laod the files, selecting excel (.xls). I follow the steps 1 and 2, and give Finish, and then saving as german ISO format. But when I am trying to load converted ISO file,  Its giving me an error.

I have sent my excel file to your mail id. Kindly suggest me the steps how to convert them. 

Thnx in advance,

Rsh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(6,747 Views)

Hi Rash,

I have received your Excel file.  It sounds like the Excel import is working for you, but there's something wrong with the ISO-MME export.  What software gives you the error?  What is the error message?

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

Message 4 of 14
(6,742 Views)

Hi Brad,

These are the steps I followed.

Navigator-> File Type as Excel Files (*.xls)-> Select my excel file -> Load

In Excel Import Wizard Step1 of 2-> Import Begin B5 -> Next -> Step 2 -> Finish

File -> Save as -> Ext.German ISO (*.iso)-> Save.

While saving it gives me the warning, which I cannot see the complete message. Attached is the error I am receiving.

When I try to load the saved file (.iso file), I am unable to load. I select Dtr_13499(*.iso) and try to load, It displays a dialog with the below message.

File= Filename

Path = Path of file

Name = FileName

Extension = iso With an OK button.

I click OK and load iso file, But nothing is getting loaded into my data portal...

Message 5 of 14
(6,739 Views)

Hi Rash,

I was able to import the Excel file you sent into DIAdem with the below enclosed DataPlugin, which I created with the new Excel DataPlugin Wizard in DIAdem 2011.  If you have DIAdem 2010 or later you can use it to more easily import and query your MME Excel files of the same format.

I also was able to export the imported data to a new MME data file, and when I imported that MME file back into DIAdem, everything looked fine.  The export did list a bunch of warnings, but I got no error messages.  I'll send you the MME file back via email.

What version of DIAdem are you using?

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(6,721 Views)

Hi Brad,

I got a small problem in the converted files, that I could not been able to use it any of my software like madymo, pamcrash...

When I looked at it, there are few fields are filled with zero values. Particularly the sampling rate..time of minimum/maximum value.

I guess sampling rate is important to plot it..so if you can do something which updates the sampling rate properly..that would be fine to start with.

Regards,

Rsh

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(6,681 Views)

Hi Rash,

Here is a document that specifies where you have to save the various pieces of information in DIAdem prior to exporting the MME file to get the type of file you're looking for.  For the particular case of channel sampling rate, for example, you need to assign that values to each channel's "ChnAttrVal2" property prior to saving the file.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(6,642 Views)

Hi Rash,

Here is a document that specifies where you have to save the various pieces of information in DIAdem prior to exporting the MME file to get the type of file you're looking for.  For the particular case of channel sampling rate, for example, you need to assign that values to each channel's "ChnAttrVal2" property prior to saving the file.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(6,641 Views)

Hi Brad_Turpin,

I have an Issue that, when I try to save the date in ISO-MME, it automatically removes some of the properties of my Channel. This properties I am able to see, when I import the dataset. But once I try to save it the properties get disappeared. I am using Diadem 2020. Could you please help me with this.

Regards

Prabhjyot

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,336 Views)