From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add new channels from vbs filter loop

I am running a for loop in VBS to auto sequence a filter on 27 channels. My loop works but each new filter channel overwrites the last channel in my DIAdem channels list. I wish to create a new channel for each filtered channel.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,526 Views)
Every time you run the filter, DIAdem will write a new data channel into the data matrix. The result channel from a calculation will always have the same name (e.g. "FilteredSignal" for the result of the digital filter calculations). Whenever DIAdem finds that a channel name is already present in the data matrix, it will overwrite that channel with the new results.

The easiest way to stop DIAdem from overwriting the channels would be to change the channel name (variable CN, you can look it up in the help system) right after the call for the digital filter operation:

Call CHNFILTCALC("Time","Sound","FilteredSignal","FIR","Bessel","Band stop",2,0,20,130,1.2,25,"Hamming",0,0)

The third parameter is the channel name.

Hope this helps,

Otmar
Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,526 Views)