From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing a selection from channel

Hello everyone,

is there an easy way to select only some values for View? I have an array of indexes and would like to plot several curves from the same channel between indexes. I plan making it a little bit interactive with band cursor so I don't want to create separate channel each time.

many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,100 Views)

Hey Adalbertus,

Could you elaborate on what you are doing? Are you loading data into your VIEW manually or using a script?

Are you looking to display the data only for the indexes in your array and then be able to scroll through that?

-Jelmer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,061 Views)

Using a script. I want to split values from one channel into several areas. Currently I have a channels of values and an array of indexes bordering the regions I want to show (data from several channels go into the same area). Was thinking about creating simple procedure that I would call repeatedly, after shoving those curves you would use band cursor to select you area of interest. Simplest would be if I could just call view and tell it to show channel ABC from X to Y...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,059 Views)

Hi Adelbertus,

The only way to display part of a channel in VIEW is to create a new channel that has only the part you care about and display all of the new channel.  Really, only the statistics function in the ANALYSIS panel operates natively over a selected array index range.  Otherwise you always end up creating a new channel.  There are several suggestions in the DIAdemIdeas that would make this easier, if you want to "like" any of them...

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

Message 4 of 4
(2,049 Views)