From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View coordinates window is off-screen

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an unconventional dual-monitor setup while my laptop is docked. It's resulted in the coordinates window being located far off-screen. I've moved the secondary monitor around the desktop area to try and locate the window to move it back within view, but have not had success. I've undocked to try and locate the window but have not been successful. I've reset DIadem but this has not brought the window back in view. DIadem isn't very handy for my use without that window.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,358 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author XGC750

Hi XGC750

There are two solutions:

The first one is decribed here: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/bring-misplaced-off-screen-windows-back-to-your-desktop-keybo...

The second is to modify the Config.ini file of DIAdem. You will find it here c:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\National Instruments\DIAdem\Version\ (username is placeholder for your login name and Version for the current DIAdem version e.g. 2012. Close DIAdem first and then change the psosition text to:

POSITION=0,0

Hope this helps!

Winfried

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,354 Views)

Ah, that looks helpful.. I'll try it out a little later today and report back.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,344 Views)

The first solution in the link goes through how to locate a window that is registered as a window with windows explorer, thus giving it a bar on the taskbar. Unfortunately the coordinate window isn't, so I can't locate it with the "move" action.

On the second solution, I should have been specific that I'm using windows XP, and a corporate image at that. I don't find appdata in my user folder (for XP that's C:\Documents and Settings\User\.appdata\). Where's the config file in XP?

EDIT: I actually just tried to use only the keyboard shortcuts immediately after enabling the coordinate window. DIadem's main window loses focus, so I figured perhaps the coordinate window is given focus. So, I hit Alt+space and the dialog box appears on my screen nearest to the location of the coordinate window. From there I can select "move" with the mouse and by moving the mouse after that, the coordinate window appears underneath it. Fixed!

Howtogeek:

Note: For keyboard savvy people, you can just alt-tab to the window, use Alt+Space, then M, then Arrow key, and then move your mouse.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,337 Views)