DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIEW Layout Leading Curve Bug

Solved!
Go to solution

User ran into a VIEW layout that crashed when clicking in the graph, after investigating, was able to make something I could replicate it.  I set up a script to generate 2 groups of data, and a layout referencing various groups and channels.  To replicate the crash, do the following:

1. Open a new DIAdem instance
  2. Switch to the VIEW tab
  3. Run the script to generate the data (you can either save this data for later loading via the NAVIGATOR, or run the script every time - it makes no difference)
  4. Manually File --> Load the "Leading_Curve_Layout.TDV" file
    • "Default Sheet" opens by default, and the Leading Curve switches to the first curve which is present
      • The Leading Curve was saved as the third curve, which is referencing a group that was present at TDV save time, but are not present at TDV load time
  5. Select sheet "Leading Last with Bad Group", "Leading Last with Bad Channel", or "Leading First with Bad Group"
    • For any of these sheets, some curves exist that have valid channel references, but the Leading Curve was set to a curve with channels that were present at TDV save time, but are not present at TDV load time
  6. Click within the graph (not the legend)
    • DIAdem will crash with this error:
      • JoshRew_0-1604507726565.png

Basically, if you manually load a TDV where the Leading Curve on any sheet besides the one that opens by default is set to a curve that does not exist in the currently loaded dataset, DIAdem will crash when you click within a graph on the other sheet(s).

Exceptions (do not produce a crash):

• If the Leading Curve is set to a curve with a channel that exists
    • This can be changed prior to loading the TDV (saved in the TDV) or manually/programmatically after loading the TDV (prior to clicking within the graph - you can click within the legend without crashing)
  • If the layout is loaded *before* the data is generated/loaded
  • If the layout contains *no* valid curve channel references (note sheet "All with Bad Group")
  • If the layout is loaded programmatically, the crash will not happen (it appears to "fix" the leading curve on all sheets at that time)
    • I think this may be the intended functionality everywhere, but is not working when manually using File --> Open?

Tested on DIAdem 2019 SP1 and DIAdem 2020

-Josh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,251 Views)

Hi Josh,

With your VBScript file and VIEW layout, and following your instructions, I was able to exactly reproduce the crash you describe in my DIAdem 2020 SP1.

I have created Bug #1200423 with your description and files.

Thanks for the heads-up,

Brad Turpin

Principal Technical Support Engineer

NI

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,160 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JoshRew

Hey Josh,

I just reproduced the crash you reported with your data creating VBScript and your TDR layout and the directed clicks once more in my DIAdem 2020 SP1.  Then I did the same thing in my new DIAdem 2021, and this time the configuration dialog opened up each time in each sheet... looks like the bug was fixed in DIAdem 2021.

Can you verify on your end?

Brad Turpin

Principal Technical Support Engineer

NI

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,009 Views)

Yep, looks good to me.

Thanks Brad (and Devs)!

-Josh

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4