DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBS:How can i determine the last row of an excel-sheet

I want to replace the chn-comments of an datafile. I pick up the chn-names and want to compare them with an excel-file and so get from the excel-file the right chn-comment and store int back in the datafile. my problem is how can i determine where the excelfile-row is on the end to load the loopounter with corr values.
i know one solution via scan on ascii 13 and 9.but bether is to know immediately the length of the column.
answers also in german possible.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,128 Views)
Peter,

Are you using DIAdem's Excel Import Wizard? By "Excel file" do you mean a tab- or comma-delimited ASCII file that Excel can read in easily, or do you mean a file with the extension "*.xls"? You certainly could not search through an *.xls file to find CR/LF characters.

If you use the ASCII or Excel Import Wizard to create an *.STP file for the "Excel" file in question, then after the *.STP file is loaded you have access to a whole range of variables, starting with Ascii... or Excel... which completely outline the structure of the ASCII or Excel file, including things like the row in which the channel comments are, etc.

Why don't you send over your Excel file and I'll be able to help you a lot better.

Regards,
Brad Turpin
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,128 Views)