DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Text channel as x-axis labels on report

Hello, 

I'm not sure if there's a way to do this. I have y-data and x-data. The y-data may look like [1,1,2,2,3,3,4,5,3,4,3,2,2,3,2,1] and x-data like [1,1,2,3,4,3,2,1,1,1,2,3,3,4,3,2] and then time data like [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16]. I want to a plot of y vs x, but use the text values of x instead of the numeric values. The test may be showing x and y positions on something overtime so the x values will decrease and increase.

I want to plot y vs x but show the x as a function of time. I tried making a 3d plot but could not figure out an angle for this. If I plot y vs time then I see the curve I want but not the x-axis labels. Is there a way to show a channel on the x-axis but have it ordered by index instead of by value?

I'm imagining there's a way I can do this by changing the ticks and having it as a label or something similar so it will have a tick and value for every other index of the x-data. Is there any way to do this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,321 Views)

Hi Quark,

You need to select the 2D curve option "Line and points", then configure the "Labels" tab.  Here's an example.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

Message 2 of 2
(2,294 Views)