DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using DIAdem, how to get the slope of a signal (Linear or non-linear)

Solved!
Go to solution

Rate of rise or rate of fall on a temperature signal, I'm trying to include the slope in my report using DIAdem,

I couldn't find , Is there a slope function?

or a way to do that

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,924 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author amat

Hi amat,

You can get the slope fit calculation from the built-in function "ANALYSIS >> Curve Fitting >> Calculate Regression".  If you want to fit only a subset of the data, you will need to extract that subset of data to a new data channel and then run the approximation calculation on the new channel.

Here is a script I have created to do the range extraction and statistics/slope calculation automatically.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

Message 2 of 5
(5,903 Views)

I tried it, its not giving so many units/ time rather you get the a and b values for your equation a+bx ,

This could be done manually, by taking different of 2-points on Y and time in between then divid

I'm using a multi day time stamp also.

CAN you explain where is the results stored as dy/dx fro the whole range?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,893 Views)

I'm sorry, its working, the time stamp is showing as seconds

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,891 Views)

I have created a Community Example Program which would be an alternate way of performing the slope calculation: it perform so programmatically using VBS. The script programmatically calculates the average slope between two defined channel values, which may be useful for e.g. determining the Youngs Modulus using Hookes Law.

Automated Slope Calculation with DIAdem Script - Discussion Forums - National Instruments

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Program-Drafts/Automated-Slope-Calculation-with-DIAdem-Script/ta-p/...

Tensile_test.png
Tensile Test (the slope of the linear range is called "Youngs Modulus")

Eric H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,256 Views)