From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn data layer on/off with script

Solved!
Go to solution

In the report there is a possibility to turn data layer on/off in the View menu. Is there a possibility to do the same in DIAdem script? (DIAdem 2015)

I tried recording a macro, but it did not recognize this command.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,643 Views)

Hi David,

There is a setting in the REPORT panel that causes it to only refresh the data layer when you click the refresh icon.  There is no corresponding setting in the VIEW panel that I know of, but you can try the following 2 commands, which cause the data layer to refresh less often.  It will still refresh when forced, for example, when a cursor is moved, etc.

View.AutoRefresh = FALSE
UIAutoRefresh = FALSE

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,626 Views)

Sorry, I wanted to replicate the REPORT functionality of turning of the data layer. Is there a way to check/uncheck the 'data layer' in the REPORT panel using a script command?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,617 Views)

Hi David,

The variable I can find in modern DIAdem versions is:

PicUpdateOnObjChange = 0

Assigning a value of 0 will only redraw the object that was changed, not all the objects on the same sheet as the object that was changed.

I'll check if Walter knows the data layer variable,

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,604 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SeryDavid

Hi David,

Currently we don't have a script command for switching REPORT layers on or off. We will discuss in R&D whether we can support this in one of the next DIAdem versions.

Greetings

Walter

Message 5 of 6
(2,599 Views)

I would like to see this feature added. I have built a script that changes the colors of a group to be "no color" and "no markers" to get a similar effect. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,535 Views)