DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring data between user dialog boxes

Hello!

I'm working on a GUI in DIAdem that I can use in measurement data evaluation. Currently I have a main dialog box, where I can select which channels I want to display in DIAdem View. I want to create a sub dialog box with a table where I can type in upper and lower limits for the selected channels, and display these limits as constants along with the channel signals. Is there any way I can reach the contents of the sub dialog box from the main dialog box?

Akos

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,424 Views)

My approach to this has been to define an object to store the data I wish to transfer from a dialog to a calling script and pass that object in with the SUDDlgShow; the dialog then modifies and passes that object back to the script when the user is done with the dialog.

calling script:
dim oDialogInterface: set oDialogInterface = new DialogInterfaceClass

call SUDDlgShow("DesiredDlg", "dialog.SUD", oDialogInterface)

then the dialog contains these two events to handle this passing of data: Dialog_EventInitialize and Dialog_EventTerminate. They work something like this:

Sub Dialog_EventInitialize(By Ref This)

set oDialogInterface = This.GetArgument()

End Sub

Sub Dialog_EventTerminate(ByRef This)

call This.SetArgument(oDialogInterface)

End Sub

Hope this helps

Message 2 of 3
(2,389 Views)

Thanks for your reply jcopetre.

Meanwhile I used a different approach with global arrays. Based on the selection in dialog box 1, I put the selected items in an array, then in dialog box 2 I could access the contents of this array.

Akos

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,363 Views)