DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Questions

I'm using DIAdem 9.0 Report Editor. Is there a way to define the text in a Text Object via script? Can the table rows be made to "wrap" text when the line is too long for the table ? Thanks Alot
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,553 Views)
Hello DIAdemon,

Regarding your first question, you can use a DIAdem VBScript to change the contents of free text directly:

Call GRAPHObjOpen("Text6")
TXTTXT = "here is my new text"
Call GRAPHObjClose("Text6")

However, this cannot be done for Text Objects. You can indirectly modify the contents of a Text Object by doing the following:

1) Insert a Text Object into your report layout, and insert a DIAdem Expression which contains "T1" (without the quotes). T1 through T10 are built-in DIAdem text variables.

2) From your DIAdem VBScript you can modify the contents of T1:

T1 = "here is my new text"

This will in turn modify the contents of the Text Object.

As for your second question, I do not know a way to specify the to wrap
text in a DIAdem report; DIAdem instead provides the functionality for auto-sizing of a the font for the columns in a table.

However, I think that "word wrap" would be a useful feature - so I have filed a product suggestion for this. I encourage you to submit product suggestions at http://ni.com/contact (click the "Product Feedback" link) when you have ideas that would improve NI products.

David Mc.
NI Applications Engineer
Message 2 of 3
(3,553 Views)
I didn't know we could affect the contents of the text objects through the globals. That appears to do the text-wrap function I need.

Thanks Dave!
Tony Maresh
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,553 Views)