From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS write memory leak

Hi all,

I developp an application where i stream data on cRIO 9049 to host. On the cRIO i do the acquisition and write data to Network streams. On the Host side (PC windows 10) i read data from the stream and write them to TDMS files. 

- One stream contains acquisition data 24 channels at 102400 kS/s -> 160Mb /s

- The other stream contains statistics data (CPU, RAM ..) .

When i launch my application, i see the memory used by the application on the host increase from 100 Mb after 30s. When i reach 2 Gb it crashes. I read differents topics on TDMS memory leaks, and i tried different things without succes:

- i call flush memory after each write

- i close the file every 1 GB

- i tried g tdms api...

What's strange is when i deactivate the data from one stream (statistics) i don't have memory leak but as soon as i write data from two stream (even in two differents files) i have this problem...

So does anyone have an idea ? Any help would be really appreciated !

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,901 Views)

I am assuming you are writing your application in LabVIEW and not in DIAdem?  So this will probably be a question for LabVIEW forum.  

Otherwise, I would suggest checking if you have a limited reader/writer buffer sizes if you haven't tried yet.

Reference:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000kHrdSAE&l=en-US

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,837 Views)

Hi gsklyr!

Thanks for your answer... yep, i think i will write anew post in Labview forum.

Anyway, you're right, i thought it cames from tdms write, but it seems to come from Network Stream. I already read this paper and tried to change the size of the buffer.

It seems it came from using waveform in stream...

I will search a little bit further, maybe try to use array of double instead...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,827 Views)