DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special variables, @DataSetComment(1...100)@

I'm using Labview NI connectivity 2.2 and DIAdem 9.01.
I see that using the special variable of @DataSetAuthor@ gets me the text value entered in the "data set info" cluster under "Author" and @DataSetTitle@" gets me the test value entered in the "data set info" cluster under "Name" (I tried @DataSetName@ and get the file name, less the .DAT extension). The question I have is how to use Special Variables to extract "data set comments". I see the SV @DataSetComment(1...100)@ but can not get it to work.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,298 Views)
Well Ok, I figured this one out without too much effort. @DataSetComment(1)@ gets the correct value. I was using @DataSetComments()@, I was going by the LabView Connectivity 2.2 cluster name of "Data Set Comments".
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,298 Views)
Hi Zilla,

That's right, the "DataSetComment()" variable is a static DIAdem array with 100 elements. If I remember correctly, the "DIAdem Simple File Write.vi" maps its scaler comment to the first element of DataSetComment, as you discovered. You can also use the "DIAdem File Write.vi" and pass a LabVIEW array of clusters (DataSetCommentN, DataSetComment) of up to 100 elements.

Regards,
Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,298 Views)