DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space before subscript and text in report. is it bug?

Hello, if I add text to report ("abI" icon in text tools) and format some symbols as subscripts with ^t,  the space before subscript changes according to subscript position in text. The longer the text the space is biger at the end of text. The space length little depends on font used. Please look at the attached picture. It is annoyed because if I have long text with index at the end I have to split it. Is there any workaround for this?

I use Diadem 2015 sp2

thanks

michal.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,742 Views)

Hi Michal,

I tried to reproduce this issue in DIAdem 2015 SP2 and in DIAdem 2017 and have been unable to see the same behavior. Are you using Edit Text Object to insert the subscript into the text object? 

Thanks,

Andy 

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,666 Views)

Hi Andy,

No, in edit text object it seems it works. This behavior is when I use simple text, (the icon with "ab" caption) and format the subscript with ^t formating character.

May be it depends on operating system too. If You look at the picture it looks like if the whole text is without subscript the space increase but if there is already subscrpt it reset the space for next index. Every row in the example is separate object.

sorry for my late answer...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,639 Views)

Hi luckym,

Thanks for the explaining the behavior and pointing this out. I have been able to reproduce the issue. I have filed Corrective Action Request (CAR) 660978 for this behavior. Currently, I would recommend using a Text Object to get the functionality you need.

Thanks,

Andy

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,620 Views)