From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound Playback

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to do sound playback from a dataset in Diadem.  Given my Diadem view layout which consists of two video playback windows synchronized to a 2d curve chart, I see that the sound icon remains disabled.  The data loaded into the 2d curve chart consists of 8 channels of analog waveform data at a sample rate of 40 kHz.  I am also unable to playback any of the analog channels in the data portal preview.  If I load a wave file, I am able to play back the data through the data portal preview just fine.

Are there any specific rules concerning the use of audio playback?  Does the samplerate of my analog data need to match the soundcard supported rates, or can I configure Diadem to do internal resampling?  I see only limited notes regarding audio playback in the documentation so any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,543 Views)

I assume only waveforms are played. This means the channel is not plotted over index but over it given aquidistant time axis.

So if you convert your channel to an waveform with 40 kHz it should work.

Call ChnWfPropSet(ChnNoStr, WfXName, WfXUnitString, WfStartOffset, WfIncrement, [WfStartTime])

is used to set the properties.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,537 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Resaebiunne

Hi Resaebiunne,

Please verify that the Channel.wf_xunit_string property is set to "s".  You can edit it directly in the Data Portal property table, where it is called "Waveform x-unit".

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,525 Views)

Hello,

Yes, the property Channel.wf_xunit_string was not set and setting it to "s" (time: seconds) does indeed allow me to output the waveform to my soundcard.  Is it referenced anywhere in the help files or documentation that the waveform unit must be set to "s" for audio output to function?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,507 Views)

Hi Resaebiunne,

You are right. We will upgrade the help with the upcoming DIAdem version.

Thanks for your suggestion,

Ralf

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,482 Views)

Hi Resaebiunne,

I forwarded this issue on to R&D, and they agreed to add a description of this requirement to the Help system of DIAdem 2012.

Thanks for the feedback,

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,475 Views)