From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Variable - Report in DIADem or Labview

Problem-1

We like to calculate Total ON time and OFF time for a Shared Variable (PUMP_RUNNING_FEEDBACK) for a Date Range (Start Date and End Date), we are logging the Data in above shared variable.

Problem-2

I want to Calculate the Flow Summary (m3/Day) for an Flow Meter (Analog Input)

Can we generate the above reports using NI Labview or DIAdem.?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,850 Views)

Dear M_Atif,

You can implement these Problem statements in Labview.

Problem 1 - 

Create a while loop running at 1 loop/sec rate. In each iteration, the current time is evaluated against the start/stop time control input. Based on the status of 'Pump Status' shared variable , registers for On time & Off Time will be incremented. The loop stops when current time>Stop Time input.

Attached the VI snapshot for reference. Try wiring by yourself for other cases in case structures.

Let me know whether it solves your issue.

Problem 2-

What issue are you facing with this requirement? Refer to 'analog input continuous samples ' example in Labview Help Find Example to find a sample VI for this application. You can log the data acquired in a text file using I/O VI & determine flow/day.

Thanks & Regards,

Tarandeep Kalra

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,753 Views)