I'm writing a data processing script that will batch process a collection of files and then archive them.
I've got a script that works for returning oMyResults from a script driven search and then I loop through the files to perform processing, but for some reason it only works when I use "Run Script" and returns an error when I use "Debug/Continue Script" this makes debugging the subsequent code I'll be developing quite annoying.
Please let me know if there is a different way to engage the navigator/search that doesn't run into this problem.
Hello Alex R,
The query is part of the connected DataFinder. You should change your function as follows
sub LoadInQry(qry, oMyResults) Dim oMyQuery, oMyDataFinder, I,oMyElementList1, oMyResult, SearchLimit SearchLimit = 5000 Set oMyDataFinder = Navigator.ConnectDataFinder("My DataFinder") If Not oMyDataFinder Is Nothing Then 'Set oMyQuery = Navigator.LoadQuery(qry) Set oMyQuery = oMyDataFinder.LoadQuery(qry) Call oMyDataFinder.SearchElements(oMyQuery, SearchLimit) Set oMyResults = oMyDataFinder.ResultsElements end if end sub
Thanks for the reply Walter,
I've tried out the change you've mentioned and I still get the "invalid callee" error that I normally recieve when I use "debug/continue - script"
The function does work under a normal run command though.
I've worked around this for now, where I've avoided calling my search while debugging other portions of the code and once I'd done that I put them both together and it's been running well.
That being said it would be nice to solve the issue so I can debug more efficiently when problems do arise.
I just updated my service pack yesterday but haven't had a chance to try the script since then.
After the update I'm currently using Diadem 2017 - 17.0.0f6657, USI - 17.0.0f6654, DataFinder - 17.0.0f6654
Just gave it a run since the update and the problem persists in the same way.
Call oMyDataFinder.SearchElements(oMyQuery, SearchLimit)
DIAdem 2017 - 17.0.0f6657 is not the latest DIAdem 2017 version.
You can find a service pack at
Possibly this helps.
I have tried running since the service pack update.
I'm now running
DIAdem: 17.0.1f6881 service pack 1 64 bit
This did not resolve the issue, I still get the same error.