From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script to Read the Name of the File Loaded in the Data Portal

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I thought this would be an easy thing to figure out, but I'm just coming up with dead-ends. I'm trying to save a file through script and just use the name of the file loaded into the Data Portal as the name of the new TDM I want to create. These will both be in the same folder.

If my filename is 20210406Data.sif I would like the TDM created to be 20210406Data.TDM.

Here's what the final code would be if I wanted to hardcode the name each time

Call DataFileSave(DataReadPath & "20210406Data.TDM", "TDM", True)

I'm hoping there is some command like "FileName" so I can use a script like this.

Call DataFileSave(DataReadPath & FileName &".TDM", "TDM", True) 

Thanks,

Tyler

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,411 Views)

Hi TW_Test,

Please have a look at this code:

dim sFileName, sFullFileName

sFullFileName = "D:\test\TestToSplitFileName.SIF"
sFileName = FileNameSplit(sFullFileName, "N")
msgbox sFileName

sFullFileName = DataReadPath & sFileName & ".TDM"
msgbox sFullFileName

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,354 Views)

Thanks Walter for you reply.

It looks like in your script I still have to code in the name of each file. I'm hoping to automate saving the TDM file using the script. Say I have data in 15 different folders that I want to quickly work through. My thought process was to drop the .sif files into the data portal, run a script that does a bunch of operations on the data and then finishes by saving the file as a TDM for later editing if needed. Having the script automatically use the existing .sif filename would make it easier to run through multiple folders of data.

If there is a command for replacing the "D:\test\TestTOSplitFileName.sif" with whatever the current file and path is then the FileNameSplit command would work great.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,348 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TW_Test

Looks like I found the solution with more searching on the forum. Data.Root.Name gives me what I wanted.

Call DataFileSave(DataReadPath & Data.Root.Name & ".TDM", "TDM", True)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,344 Views)