From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving subblock diagrams in Autosequences

How can I export a subblock diagram in the *.sub-format in an autosequence?
I've used the SCHEMEEXPORT command, but it saves the whole of the DAC plan and not just the subblock.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,317 Views)
Hello,

If you open up each sub block diagram you would like to save and then do a File -> Save Sub-block Diagram it should save just the sub block. I create a simple example where I dropped down some blocks, grouped them as a sub block and then saved then as a .SUB file. Then created a new file and loaded the .SUB file and it just dropped down what I created.

It may have to do with the version of DIAdem you are running. I did my testing under version 8.0. What version are you using?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,317 Views)
Hello,

I'm using 8.0.981 to be exact 😉
I've done what you did as well, no problems, but when trying to include this in an autosequence it won't work...
I know that the syntax is SCHEMEEXP(SCHEMEEXPFILE,SCHEMEOVERWRITE), but as I said, this seems to save the whole of the plan as a subblock, even when I do a
DacObjOpen('subblockdiagram')
first!
Any more ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,317 Views)
Greetings "th",

The SchemeExport command in DIAdem will indeed save only the HIGLIGHTED subset of your DAC block diagram, but if you have not manually selected a section of your code with your mouse, then it defaults to saving the entire block diagram.

Every single action or state of the DIAdem environment has a corresponding variable or autosequence command which can be accessed programmatically. This is one of those cases where the command is very unlikely to be useful in an autosequence, since it was specifically intended for interactive execution. The one case where I could imagine this still working, is if you released the user to the DIAdem DAC window in InterationON mode. Then the user could select a region of the DAC block diagram and press the I
nteractionOFF button to allow the autosequence to continue.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,317 Views)
Greetings Brad,

that's the answer that I was hoping not to get 😉

OK, if there's no other way, that'll be what I'm going to do - after all, a bit of interaction keeps the user awake..

Thanks for your post

Cheers
Tobias Hahne
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,317 Views)
I've also looked into it and it is not a feasible route as you would have to select every DAC object, all Blocks, all lines (buses) and all connecting points, etc to make it work the way you want.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,316 Views)
That won't be the problem because the DAC objects concerned are already grouped in a subblock anyway.
So it'll have to be Interaction on, user clicks on subblock diagram and saves it, Interaction off.
Thanks all
Tobias
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,317 Views)