cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUD file incompatible in lower version 10.2

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have developed an user dialog box using our sud editor in Diadem version 11.2. I tried using the same file in version 10.2 but it throws an error message of 'invalid file upload". Request someone to support on this issue. Is there any converter that can be used to convert it in to lower version.

Regards,

X. Ignatius

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,048 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Igni

Hello X.Ignatius,

Our Scripts and SUD files are generally backward compatible (i.e. a Script or SUD created in 10.2 will run in later versions of DIAdem, such as 11.2), but they are typically not compatible when a newer version of DIAdem is used to create an asset (VBS or SUD) and then using that file in an older version of DIAdem.

We add functionality to DIAdem with every release, and references to these new functions will be included in the SUD file. Thus, when the file is loaded into an older version of DIAdem it makes references to functions that are simply not available in the older version of DIAdem and it will not work with that older version. We do not spend time creating converters that would basically have to strip functions from SUD files to make them run with older version of DIAdem.

You have several options to avoid this issue in the future:

1. Create the SUD in version 10.2, it will work with the 11.2 version of DIAdem, but of course not make sue of the additional functionality of DIAdem 11.2.
  2. Update the DIAdem 10.2 version to 11.2 (or later) to avoid compatibility issues.

I'm sorry to say that there is very likely no way to use your DIAdem 11.2 SUD in version 10.2 of DIAdem.

Otmar

Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,039 Views)

Hi Otmar,

Thanks for the information.

Regards,

X. Ignatius

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,030 Views)