DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring TDM from TDX?

Hi,

I am frequently working with my offline data profile (Windows - Offline Drive). DIAdem is not willing to save TDM files in that path, so that anytime I forget to change to a local drive the application shuts down destroying the TDM (content 0 Byte). However, the TDX is still available.

Is there any chance to restore the TDM even if it's no longer available neither  on the server?
This is what the logfile looks like afterwards:

"DIAdem\050.tdm(1) : fatal error xercesc::SAXParseException 1 : Invalid document structure
fatal error (42) :Errors while processing the model"

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,626 Views)

Hi CBM,

I have done this before, using a custom VBScript, but the only feasible way to go about it is to have a template TDM file that you use to reconstruct the lost one.  The template TDM file has to have the exact same number of Groups and Channels, ideally with the same names.  What my script did was rewrite the binary file (TDX) reference path and change the channel lengths to fit the actual TDX file size.

Might you have such a template TDM file hanging around, or might you be able to create one?

Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,620 Views)
Hi Brad,

I should be able to create such an (empty) TDM file. Is it then enough to locate it next to the TDX and open it or do I need have that VBS??

CBM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,607 Views)

Hi CBM,

You will need to adapt the template at least a little.  The TDM file contains the file name of the binary TDX file, the length and data type of each of the channels in the TDX file, the channel names, units, etc.  Chances are slim approaching nil that all of those details are exactly the same in your template file as the orphaned TDX file you're trying to ressurect.  Can you send me the template file and the orphaned binary file and describe which items need to be adapted?  I'm perfectly willing to send you the VBScript I have, but it will likely not do exactly what you want, and I think it would be easier to proceed the other way around.

Brad Turpin
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,594 Views)
Hi Brad,

did you get my e-mail with the roughly 8MB attachment?
If not, maybe you have another communication channel how to send the template file plus orphaned TDX...

CBM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,566 Views)

Hi CBM,

Nope, I didn't get any email that I can tell is from you.  Did you use brad.turpin@ni.com?  The NI ftp site is also an option:

ftp.ni.com/incoming

Brad Turpin
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,556 Views)

Brad it appears I have a similar problem.  Would you be willing to send me a copy of your VBScript? 

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,505 Views)

Hi Tim,

Here it is, hope it helps.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,490 Views)