DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recursive Search with DirListGet

Hello, I am using DirListGet with the option "FullFileNamesRecursive" to search a folder and all subfolders for data from multiple computers on my network.  I run into an issue on some of these where my high level folder does not have any files, but the subfolders do.  When there is no file in the highest level, I get a runtime error saying file cannot be found.  Putting any file, even a file I'm not looking for seems to be a workaround, but I can't always do that. 

Example:  Computer A has folder  \Data\Test1, and computer B also has \Data\Test1.  Both computers have *.tdms files in "Test1" folder.  Computer A has no files in the "Data" folder, only the "Test1" subfolder.  Computer B has one *.txt in the "Data" folder.  Running DirListGet("\\ComputerA\Data\", "*.tdms", "Date/Time", "FullFilenamesRecursive") produces an error.  However, using DirListGet("\\ComputerB\Data\", "*.tdms", "Date/Time", "FullFilenamesRecursive") produces the desired list of TDMS files.  

Is there a workaround for this in the code?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,709 Views)

Hi RSenior,

I was able to reproduce this error.  I am going to do more research on why this is occurring and follow up when I find any information.  I apologize for not having an immediate work around for you.

Warm Regards,

Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,682 Views)

Hi RSenior,

I have escalated this issue to DIAdem R&D.  For now, I would recommend continuing to use the work around you found.  

Again, I apologize for the lack of elegance with this approach.  Thank you for your patience while we work on this issue.

Warm Regards,

Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,648 Views)

Hi Russell,

R&D fixed this issue, and the fix will ship in DIAdem 2012 SP1.  Unfortunately, I don't know when DIAdem 2012 SP1 will ship, and it's looking like it will be a lot later with DIAdem 2012 than it has been with other versions.  If you have opted in to the NI Update Service, you will be automatically notified with DIAdem service packs release.

But please know that the fix is coming,

Brad Turpin,

DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

Message 4 of 4
(4,600 Views)