DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Error 2507 opening tdms-file

Mrnew,

I am a TDMS developer. You can find the recovered tdms file in ftp://ftp.ni.com/incoming/Logdatei20110901-193043_new.zip

Please let me know whether the -2507 issue is solved with the recovered tdms file.

BTW, do you have a VI to create this corrupted tdms file "Logdatei20110901-193043.tdms"? I need a VI to reproduce this issue and then fix it.

Best Regards,

Bo Xie

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 35
(2,181 Views)

Mrnew,

ftp.ni.com/incoming directory seems not support download. Please check your private message to know how to get this recovered tdms file.

Best Regards,

Bo Xie

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 35
(2,177 Views)

Hello Bo Xie,

Thanks a lot for your help. I opened the recovered tdms file without any trouble!

Attached I'm sending you the VI which created the corrupted tdms file. Maybe you'll find a mistake in it.

Would you be so kind to help me recovering a second corrupted file named Logdatei20110902-173551.tdms? It's from the same series of measurement I made last week. I've posted it to your incoming ftp site ftp.ni.com/incoming.

Kind regards,

Juergen

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 35
(2,167 Views)

Juergen,

Please check your private message for the recovered second tdms file.

I could not run your Messdaten_Speichern_3.vi and attached please find the error message. Could you provide a runnable VI to generate a corrupted tdms file?

Best Regards,

Bo Xie

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 35
(2,146 Views)

Hi Bo Xie,

Thank you very much indeed for your support recovering the corrupted tdms files. It has been a very big help to me.

Attached I'm sending you all files called by Messdaten_Speichern_3.vi. Please tell me if there's still something missing.

Kind regards,

Juergen

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 35
(2,134 Views)

Juergen,

Thanks for providing Additional_vis.zip.

I could run Additional_vis.zip but I could not reproduce the corrupted TDMS file issue. I mean I run Additional_vis.zip  for 2 days and the generated TDMS file is about 200MB, then I use "TDMS File Viewer" to open the generated TDMS file and there is not "-2507" error.

My question: Have you tried Additional_vis.zip to reproduce this "-2507" TDMS file corruption issue? I guess Additional_vis.zip might be a simplified version of your original reproducible VI file and you might not run it yet. 

Note: 

My software configuration: LabVIEW 2009 on Windows XP SP3 32bit and LabVIEW 2011 on Windows 7 32bit

My hardware configuration: DELL Optiplex 960. 

Could you provide your hardware and software configuration to reproduce this issue?

Best Regards,

Bo Xie

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 35
(2,109 Views)
Hi Bo Xie, i've the same -2507 Failure Problem. Deleting the Index File was no solution for me. Would you be so kind to take a look at the corrupted file? The saving vi writes a "long time" log of a test - so it holds the vi open for a few days writing every 10s to 10 min (userselectable)... Would it be better to close the tdms between the savingpoints? It's possible to load the tdms with a editor - writing seems ok (could read my i comments). I've uploaded the corrupted file to: ftp://ftp.ni.com/incoming/bvg.zip OS: Server Win2008 R2 64 or Win7 64 LV: 11.0f2 32bit Diadem: 11.3.0.f4563 TDM Thank you a lot! Robert
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 35
(1,966 Views)

zahnrad,

The fixed tdms file is in ftp://ftp.ni.com/outgoing/bvg_fixed.zip

Do you have any reproduce VI to generate a corrupted tdms file (with error code -2507 for TDMS Open) ?

Best Regards,

Bo Xie

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 35
(1,959 Views)

Hi,

thanks for the repair - how did you do this?

the relevant snip of the project is uploaded to:

ftp://ftp.ni.com/incoming/BVG_Save.zip.

Data is aquired from a crio -> transfer to the client via ns-variables -> write aq.data to the queue -> save loop reads the data from queue -> save mode selection (diagnostic or longtime) - > for loop sorts datapoints in registers -> then some channelnaming and max./min. ops and finaly saving

thank you for your help!

Robert

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 35
(1,950 Views)

Hello,

i have asimilar problem with my .tdms files. I get the same error but after confirmation of the error excel show me some data. The problem is that excel show me only 1596 entries but in fact it should be a lot more. Maybe you can help me to solve this problem. These are important measurement data for me. I copied this file into the incoming folder: ftp://ftp.ni.com/incoming/

The name of the file is: 20140211-tdmscorrupted.rar

The compressed file is really small. The uncompressed file is about 23 MB

The File was created with LabView 2011 SP1 (english) on a Win7 computer with german language.

I hope you can help me with this issue.

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Rafael

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 35
(1,828 Views)