DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems importing ascii data: I just get NOVALUEs...

Currently I'm trying to import some performance log files of one of our computers. It is logged into a tab separated ascii file using standard windows 2000 tools.

Everything looks fine inside the import dialog, but after the import I just get a "NOVALUE" everywhere!

I've attached the file with the data and the used configuration file (STP) as a zipped archive.

Thanks for any help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,550 Views)
Hi,

It's not a big problem. Your file contains two separators - one is the TAB and the other is the quotation mark. So you must add both and use the parameter "Link delimiter characters". Find attached the STP file which runs.
By the way to import fractions of seconds in a date/time channel you must install the latest service pack SP1c of DIAdem which you find on the NI Support web page.

Good luck

Walter
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,550 Views)
Hi,

thank you very much. I didn't have the idea to include the quotation mark as separator. I thought it to be the mark for text (don't know what it's called in English; in German it's "Texterkennungszeichen").

I'd like to suggest to show in STEP 3 the real contents you'll get after the import, that means also showing NOVALUEs if the import function will produce some... This will life make easier testing different options.

Thanks,
Carsten
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,550 Views)
Hallo Carsten,

das ist ein guter Vorschlag, der auch versucht wird zu realisieren - aber leider einigen Einschränkungen unterliegt. Allein schon der Punkt Geschwindigkeit;
um jeden eventuell auftretenden NV-Wert zu finden müsste die gesamte Datei geprüft werden. Auch findet die eigentliche Konvertierung nicht im Wizard statt, dass heißt der Programm-Code müsste dupliziert werden und das wiederum birgt zusätzliche Fehlerquellen, die wir versuchen zu vermeiden. Aber ich werde sehen ob hier nicht noch Verbesserungen sinnvoll sind.
Danke für den Hinweis.

Walter
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,550 Views)