DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot Thickness in VIEW

The number one feature in DIAdem that blows away the customers (NASA engineers), is the high speed video synced to the sensor plots. But for over 10 years I have been asking for how to thicken the plots in VIEW to make this easier to see. Choosing a point style and changing the point thickness (& number of points), tremendously slows down the user interface, and look terrible for sudden changes in the sensor data. And the redraw time for the plots is way too long. 

Again, when I demo DIAdem to NASA engineers, they are very impressed with the high speed video synced to the sensor graphs. Reports lets you change the plot thickness, but only VIEW lets you have the video synced to the plots.

Message 1 of 11
(3,222 Views)

Hey Evidence, 

When you say that 'choosing a point style and changing the point thickness' slows down the UI and looks poorly for sudden changes, are you still referring to the VIEW panel? Or do you mean in reports? 

I haven't been able to find anything to change the thickness in the VIEW panel, but I will try asking around to see what I can find!

Best, 

Danielle

Applications Engineer 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,174 Views)

Yes. I am only talking about the VIEW panel. The VIEW panel is the only place you can show off DIAdem's most impressive feature (video synced to plots).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,153 Views)

Hey Evidence, 

You can create and save a View Layout with references to each channel. Each reference can have the properties saved to it to make the plot thicker, so that every time you open the layout whatever values are in that channel will be on the plot with the proper thickness. 

I attached a screenshot where you can find this configuration. If you right click the area on the View panel this will appear. 

Is this what you are looking for. Or do you want every plot, every time to have a wider thickness without having to open a View Layout?

Best, 

Danielle

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,105 Views)

Danielle,

Thanks for trying, but the program I am talking about is DIAdem (VIEW part of DIAdem). The screen snapshot you attached is some other program. You had me hoping there was a solution. Again, thanks for trying.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,099 Views)

Oh no I am so sorry! I attached the incorrect photo to that post! That is my mistake, you can find the correct one attached here. I am quite familiar with DIAdem, the other photo was from something else I am working on. Sorry for the confusion. 

Best, 

Danielle

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,087 Views)

Danielle,

Thanks for trying. But the example you gave does not seem to work. I had tried that many times, years ago, and it never worked. Maybe they finally fixed it in a newer version (I am running DIAdem 2015). See the attached image. I changed the line width to 4 and got these results. Only the marker got wider. I tried it for many different types of markers. Even the long dash, only made the dash portion of the marker thicker. See the 2nd image.

Again,

Thanks for trying.

P.S.  How fast do you need to sample your data? Can you sample at 1000 times per second (1 millisecond between samples) and measure relative time differences that are less than 0.05 milliseconds? Yes. See our Data Acquisition Website, Sampling Rate Tutorial, Nyquist tutorial, LabVIEW, Frequency analysis links, etc. If you are inside the KSC firewall, see  http://labview.ksc.nasa.gov/

The following is my own opinion and not that of NASA. NASA's Wernher von Braun tried to get public schools to look at these scientific evidences for the Bible (See MiraculousBible.org and UpwardEvolution.org). Isaac Newton wrote over 1.3 million words on the Bible and used his science to point people to God. Let me know if you want such information.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,081 Views)

The only way I've ever found to make VIEW curve lines thicker is to "set flags" - you can do this in VIEW by selecting a curve and using the band cursor to select the whole range and press the "set flags" button (see attached image).  Thankfully you can also do this programatically, so you could write a script and make a button to automatically thicken all of your curves. 

I agree, I would also like the option to make VIEW curves thicker.

Message 8 of 11
(3,078 Views)

Julia,

Great solution. It will at least work great on the demos I give and the screen capture videos. And your suggestion for making a script and running it sounds like the perfect work around. And all I lose is the ability to change the cursor to cross-hair mode. I do not usually need any more (or less) thickness than the "set flags" uses. 

Thanks,

Geoff

How fast do you need to sample your data? Can you sample at 1000 times per second (1 millisecond between samples) and measure time differences that are less than 0.05 milliseconds? Yes. See our Data Acquisition Website, Sampling Rate Tutorial, Nyquist tutorial, LabVIEW, Frequency analysis links, etc. If you are inside the KSC firewall, see  http://labview.ksc.nasa.gov/

P.S. The following is my own opinion and not that of NASA. NASA's Wernher von Braun tried to get public schools to look at these scientific evidences for the Bible (See MiraculousBible.org and UpwardEvolution.org). Isaac Newton wrote over 1.3 million words on the Bible and used his science to point people to God. Let me know if you want such information.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,074 Views)

In your script you could also set the cursor back to the cross-hair type at the end. See Command: ChnFlagSet for the flag setting.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,071 Views)