DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinning missing from DIAdem 2019

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm running DIAdem 2019 19.0.0f7460 (64-bit) and just noticed that pinning of channel groups and channels is now missing from the Data Portal user interface.  Furthermore, it doesn't seem possible to pin channels programmatically in a script.  I checked the release notes and found no mention of this feature being removed.  The help file says "DIAdem does not currently support this method." at the beginning of each reference for "pin".   

This was a useful feature that I frequently used in scripts.  Do any alternatives exist to visually identify selected channels in the Data Portal and to be able to find those selected channels in a script?  The loss of this feature will force me to create a dialog to identify channels for every instance where I only need the user to manually select the channels of interest.  Not an easy dialog to create, given that frequently the number of channels varies from one analysis to the next.  

Call Data.Root.Clear()
Call DataFileLoadSel(CommonDocumentsPath & "Data\Example.TDM","TDM","[1]/*")
Call Portal.Structure.Pin(Data.Root.ChannelGroups(1).Channels("Time"),True)
Call Portal.Structure.Pin(Data.Root.ChannelGroups(1).Channels("Speed"),True)
Call Portal.Refresh()

Message 1 of 4
(2,842 Views)

I see the same thing (no pinning available in DIAdem 2019), and agree this is a very useful feature that should not be missing!

Thanks for noticing this 😞

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,771 Views)

I see in another recent thread that they had to "overhaul" the Data Portal in 2019 to increase the # channels limit...so maybe the pinning will come back in the service pack? I created an item on the "ideas exchange" to request to bring it back:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/DIAdem-Idea-Exchange/Bring-back-quot-pinning-quot-in-DIAdem-2019/idi-p/3955...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,762 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author markwkiehl

Hi All,

We do plan on reinstating the pinning feature in the Data Portal-- both for interactive and programmatic use.  We hope to squeeze it into the DIAdem 2019 SP1 release near the end of calendar year 2019.  And yes, the cause was that we upgraded the Data Portal user interface to support 150,000 channels in DIAdem 2019 vs. the previous 65,535 channel limit.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

Message 4 of 4
(2,600 Views)