DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening .hdf(Head acoustic file) in Diadem

Hi,

I would like to view the .hdf (Head Acoustic file) in Diadem. Hence I tried searching for the .hdf file plugin and found one in the NI diadem site but when tried to install, it is not getting installed properly. Request someone to support by giving proper plugin.

Regards,

X. Ignatius

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,361 Views)

There is the plugin wizard which lets you configure your own plugin. In the NAVIGATOR tab right click a file->open with...->Wizard...

You can also post an example of your files here to get help for creating a plugin using the wizard.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,346 Views)

X. Ignatius

There could be a confusion between a HDF5 and the Head Acoustic Dataplugin. These are totally different file formats!

Below is the link to the Head Acoustic Dataplugin that I believe you are looking for.  At least I would give this one a try.

http://www.ni.com/example/52402/en/

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,340 Views)

Hi,

Please find the attached .hdf file which I am not able to open in the diadem. 

Regards,

X. Ignatius

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,331 Views)

Hi Igni,

I  downloaded from 

http://www.ni.com/example/52402/en/ 

niusihead_data_1.2.07154.exe

head_data_format_scaling.zip

Then installed the exe first (Required to be present before can run the URI file that is inside the zip file.

After that I was able to read the file in DIAdem, Note: am using DIAdem 2018 64. But it should work on older versions.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,324 Views)

HI Igni,

One more note,

Needed to select the HEAD_Data_format as the option to import correctly for me!

Paul

ps. See attached image for what I did that worked.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,322 Views)

Hi Pesimith,

Thanks for your reply. I am able to read the data now in diadem but it doesn't look the same from what I read it in Artemis(Head acoustic software). 

Attached the pdf file of Artemis output and png file of Diadem output.

Pls do the needful. 

Regards,

X. Ignatius

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,304 Views)

Hi Pesimith,

Thanks for your reply. I am able to read the data now in diadem but it doesn't look the same from what I read it in Artemis(Head acoustic software). 

Attached the pdf file of Artemis output and png file of Diadem output.

Pls do the needful. 

Regards,

X. Ignatius

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,304 Views)

Hi Igni,

When I read the files into portal, I also got that response!.

What the dataplugins do is install two options when you go to navigator, file open. 

In the dropdown for type, you should see two Head Acoustics(hdf) options. Try both, I believe one of them will work much better than the one you tried.

You just have to be implicit in what dataplugin to use. The hdf extension is confusing, as there is more then one datalplugin that applies to .hdf extensions

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,294 Views)

Hi Pesmith,

I tried to open through file open but I get the same data. Could you pls help me to solve this permanently. Do I need to do any conversion after importing the data to make it look similar to the one obtained from Artemis software.

I am very curious of how did you get it.

Regards,

X. Ignatius

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,234 Views)